Location: Computer room
Language Focus: Physical description: clothes/ body.
Skills Practice: Reading
Game: Happy Family Dress up
1. Play a game yourself and write out a description of the family like this:
2. Print out the description for each learner or provide access to an electronic copy on each computer.
3. Take a screenshot of the family and print it out or save it on a separate document.
- Learners read the description and reproduce the family.
- Learners stand up and look at other learner’s results and spot any differences from the written description.
- Learners compare their result with the screenshot and write down any differences.
- Learners create their own families and write a description down using the original as a model.
- Learners expand on the written description to either include other elements (hats, gloves etc) or expand on the complexity of the language (an expensive long-sleeved checked shirt etc).
- Learners reproduce a family from the written description of another learner.