Location: Connected Classroom
Skills Focus: Speaking
Language Focus: Colours (blue, red, green, yellow)
This is an easy to play and simple game that’s starts beginners out with just four colours and makes an early introduction to colours in English a fun but challenging process. Enter your name and choose which version of the game you want to play. Steer clear of the arcade version and play the puzzle, memory, or rhythm versions (these three are free to download not online).
The big faces around the edges call out their colour in a random order and you have to press the small faces inside the hexagon in the same order from memory.
A little PPP (Presentation , Practice and Production) on the four colours you can see in the game above (blue, green, red & yellow).
- Present the game to the class and show them how to play (it’s surprising how quickly learners can pick up the rules) the game.
- Learners watch and listen to the colours in the game.
- They then call out the colours together.
- The teacher clicks the colours in the order the learners say.
- Repeat until interest in the game begins to fall.