Location: Computer Room
Skills Focus: Reading
Language focus: In-game Vocabulary
This is quite a simple game very loosely linked to Halloween but with some vocabulary which could be useful.
Have a copy of the Halloween walkthrough printed for yourself. You may also want to play the game yourself to familiarise yourself with the game, check the level of language and if the images are appropriate.
- Call up the walkthrough to the game and ask learners to write down 5 words they don’t understand.
- Elicit the words from your learners and ask other learners to translate. Click on any of the highlighted words that they don’t know. This is orientating learners towards the fact that words they don’t know in the walkthrough have an image if they click on it.
- Continue until learners words have been covered.
1.Get learners to open up two windows:
2. Learners play the game reading the walkthrough to help them.
3. Stop the game when all have finished.
- Play the game again in class eliciting from your learners what you have to do to complete the game.
- Learners make a poster based on vocabulary and images from the game.