Digital Play is an award winning Teacher Development blog, book and e-book aimed at language teachers who
wish to engage their learners and provide a fun way to practice and learn using a highly popular modern medium – computer games.
The book is divided into three sections:
Narrates how computer games fit into 21st century society and how they have been used in education.
Provides practical support in the form of recipe style lesson plans and a bank of activities.
Suggests how to integrate digital play activities into the syllabus and tips on teacher development.
Buy the e-book: Digital Play (DELTA Teacher Development Series) Kindle Edition
Try an activity out: Digital Play (Quick Scan Blog Index)
The book is so much more than our blog. It includes:
- Classroom management guidance.
- Classroom layouts/ set ups.
- Activities for one computer in the classroom (i.e. a connected classroom).
- Activities for multiple computers (a computer room or class set of laptops/ netbooks/ tablets)
- Activities for no computers at all.
- A comprehensive list of gaming genres and a match to language teaching.
- Insight into how learners engage with gaming outside the classroom.
- List to suitable game sites.
- Advice and guidance for teachers who are interested in joining the digital revolution.
- Original step-by-step activities to help teachers bring the world of gaming into the classroom.
- Comprehensive bibliography for further reading.
- System and network requirements.
- Guidance on materials and resources.